Sign in to watch this  
Jason

Domain registration for one year why?

In hosting many provide us with monthly payment option but for domain mandatory time period is one year why? Do you think monthly payment for domain can be implemented.

I understand the issue of not renewing after a month, but auto-payment can be enabled to take of it right?

I see, love to see these option enabled. Buy domain for 3 months or 6 months instead of 1 year as mandatory.

Guest futuretechnology

I guess some ideas dont last that long.

It is not a small thing or that will need to keep an eye everytime. There are more companies who offered a free domain sometimes or $1 domain, then you have the choice to cancel the domain if you are not interested.

Do you think allowing per month or quarter month would be good? if so why?

From my opinion one year is best method that adopted by the domain companies.

I am saying per month or quarter because the current trend is many start a project and it ends very soon than expected. They sell their domain and move on. This way they can do a trial run and if interested they can renew it for a year.

If they ring you in for a year, don't they get to keep the money regardless if you keep the site around for that long? So why would they change...?

On 11/12/2019 at 8:47 AM, Jason said:

I see, love to see these option enabled. Buy domain for 3 months or 6 months instead of 1 year as mandatory.

That would cause more confusion than 1 year expiration. The business model is the way it is, because it's simple. The software industry is the same way. You buy product, you get product for a year. For example, in the past, it used to be that you buy a "license" of something like Antivirus for a year. Sometimes 6 months, but in general, you buy a license for a year, and renew the next invoice.

Same with forum software.

Edited by Carlos