Jason

Missed to renew domain

Have you ever missed to renew your domain and lost it to some other user? I haven't missed to renew my domain till now. Most of the time i sell it before the time period else i renew it without fail

On 11/19/2019 at 11:50 PM, Jason said:

Have you ever missed to renew your domain and lost it to some other user? I haven't missed to renew my domain till now. Most of the time i sell it before the time period else i renew it without fail

Your domain registrar is supposed to send you a notice of expiration. Namecheap does this. I plan ahead and renew before the expiration date. If it's a domain I don't care about, its either I sell it or let it expire. Most of the time, I let them expire.

• Like 1

Yes registrars send mail, but sometime we do miss it or in some case it will end in Spam folder.

• Like 1

I now try to keep all of my domains in one place its easier to keep track of them, but in past years i have had them everywhere so keeping track of them without the email was tough.

I always keep domain with one provider and hosting with other. This way when a mail arrives i know what to do rather than get confused.

• Like 1