meetdilip

Traffic spike

I haven't been to this situation. I had very limited traffic and occasional spike was due to bots and my server handled it well.

Bots can also do that. But sometimes, some thread / blog post can go viral. You wouldn't even imagine it will happen. It is common with webmasters.

Hmm i see, let me something like that happens here. As we are in a shared hosting, sometime spikes lead to small downtime :(

I agree that poor hosting can cause your site to go down due to heavy traffic but I also think you also need to make sure you have your web server configured properly to handle the sudden spike in traffic. 

• Like 1

We have our server over at KnownHost for two years now with no issues, their support is the best i have had in the last 15 years.

Knownhost doesn't offer Shared hosting right? I read many good reviews about the hosting.

I experienced this a few times with CODForums. A few times, one was even a DDoS attack from someone I don't even know on twitter.

I was able to get it online immediately afterwards. I was eating at an "all you can eat" buffet when it happened, so I had to wait until we got home to take care of it.

Oh that is cool, i have checked their site and i remember now. But sadly i need Singapore datacenter as my audience are from India.

I will keep an aye out for you i know they are opening up more data centers in the new year.😁