Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WH Info
  • Welcome To Webmasterhut
  • Join in on the conversations and make a few friends along the way
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Friendly URLs

Friendly URLs cause confusion if the title is changed. For instance, someone who had a link to the old URL won't be able to find the new one. Anyway, I don't use them.

O.K., I do use the title fetcher, though. If a link is posted, the title of it will come up.

Friendly URL must for better SEO ranking

Not really. There are tons of sites that rank without keywords in their URLs. Having keywords in the URL does help but in the end the only thing that matters is how many backlinks you have and how good is your content.

The only bad URL structure IMO is: example.com/post.php?id=01, anything other than that, like example.com/post/01/ or example.com/post/post-name/ should work fine.

I would recommend friendly URLs but they are not a must.

Some sites don't have a title fetcher on them. In that case, some webmasters might want to be on the safe side- and get "friendly URLs" to make sure that those on another site - know what their links are about. However, though, either way - "friendly URLS" or not - there seems to be room for confusion.